A Business Insurance Update
Every business owns business property, and you may also own the building in which you run your operations. Property insurance protects the physical assets your nonprofit owns – such as computers, office equipment, buildings, furniture, fixtures, and other property.
Every business should have a property insurance coverage to respond to the many risks associated with property ownership. Property policies offer many unique coverages, some of which we have highlighted:
- Building Coverage – allows you to quickly rebuild or repair buildings or other property damaged by fire, theft, natural disaster or other events, allowing you to return to normal operations.
- Business Personal Property Coverage – covers costs to replace the contents in your building if they are stolen or destroyed by a covered unforeseen event.
- Business Income Coverage – provides for continued income or lost revenues while the building and its contents are being rebuilt and replaced. Business income helps you to cover operating and ordinary payroll expenses needed to keep an organization operating after a loss, usually for a specific time.
- Fine Arts Coverage – includes loss or damage to artwork or sculptures housed in your building.
- Building Ordinance Coverage – covers the increased cost to comply with building codes, ordinances or laws that have changed after your building was originally constructed. For example, under new building codes, your structure may be required to have a sprinkler system, which will increase construction costs.
- Outdoor Signs and Property Coverage – covers costs to replace outdoor fences, signs, trees, shrubs or plants.
- Equipment Breakdown Coverage – includes loss due to failure or breakdown of equipment such as boilers, heating systems, and electrical machinery.
- Computer Coverage – covers costs to replace or repair damaged hardware, software, data or media vital to your operations.
- Back-up of Sewer – covers costs to repair or replace items damaged by back-up or overflow of a sewer or drain.
- Earthquake Coverage – provides insurance to repair or replace damaged equipment and buildings resulting from an earthquake. Earthquake coverage is typically excluded under most property policies.
Let our agency help you understand how to manage and treat the risks. We offer a wide range of highly rated insurers that can offer the necessary products to help your manage you risks.
We are ready to help you better understand your risks. Please call our office today. Dahlmeier Insurance Agency, Inc. provides insurance to businesses in Chico, Oroville, Paradise, Durham, Gridley, Orland, and surrounding areas.
No matter what business you are in, each workday is dedicated to doing your job well and providing your customers with the best service possible. Dahlmeier Insurance Agency, Inc. would like to return the favor by giving you the coverage you need to ensure the security of your business.