A Business and Risk Update
You buy commercial insurance to protect your business from the unforeseen events that might cause a claim, damage, or loss. Commercial insurance provides the financial resources necessary to help your business recover from a covered loss. As your business grows, so does your risk. As societal norms change, your business risks also change. A commercial insurance review can help you better understand your new risks and how best to manage them.
Common Emerging Risks
- The connected workplace is allowing employees to work from remote locations. However, this can create new liabilities for businesses. Remote workplaces create increased risk of cyber breaches, undocumented workers’ compensation claims, and other HR issues.
- The use of imported products can adversely affect your businesses risk. If you use imported products as part of your manufacturing process, you have an increased risk of that product failing. You may then have difficulty recovering your losses in a foreign county.
- The shortage of skilled workers can also increase your business risk. Set up a thorough training program to ensure all new employees have an understanding of their job duties and functions.
- Business interruption losses can close your business down. It is important to have the right kind of business insurance to cover a shutdown. Coverage can include payroll, extra expenses, and lost revenue.
- Loss of brand reputation can kill your business overnight with the use of social media. Make sure you respond quickly to all client concerns and have a social media policy for your business.
We are ready to help you better understand your risks. Please call our office today. Dahlmeier Insurance Agency, Inc. provides insurance to businesses in Chico, Oroville, Paradise, Durham, Gridley, Orland, and surrounding areas.
No matter what business you are in, each workday is dedicated to doing your job well and providing your customers with the best service possible. Dahlmeier Insurance Agency, Inc. would like to return the favor by giving you the coverage you need to ensure the security of your business.