Every one of our clients would tell us they want their homes to be safe. In addition, they expect their home insurance to respond when there is damage, theft, or loss. Home security has become a huge industry offering many home security benefits. You can contact a home security professional or even use do-it-yourself products. Many of these will help protect your home from theft. Let’s look at a few home security options.
Outside lights are an excellent deterrent, and using motion detectors for your lights will keep your home well lit, even when you are not home. We also recommend placing your outside lights on automatic timers. Make sure they are installed so as to not be easily destroyed.
Alarms are another way to protect your property. While there are some products you can install yourself, you might consider the option of a professional service. Often the security system can be linked to your phones and other smart devices.
Cameras can be installed to create additional home safety. There are many good off the shelf products at most major electronics stores. Available software even allows you to point your laptop camera in a particular direction (say, at the front door) and check the images from a remote location.
Home Safety Tips
- Keep shrubs trimmed around all windows and doors.
- Don’t leave a key outside.
- Make a list of your belongings (be sure to keep receipts, especially for expensive items like stereos and computers), and update this list periodically.
- Keep all windows and doors locked when not at home.
- Don’t leave ladders lying around your yard.
- Lock sheds and other structures.
- Work together with your neighbors. Organize a Neighborhood Watch and let your neighbors know when you will be away for an extended period.
- Install deadbolt locks on all exterior doors.
- Leave lights on when you go out. If you are going to be away for a length of time, connect some lamps to automatic timers to turn them on in the evening and off during the day.
- Be sure you have the right coverage. You may need to purchase additional coverage to protect special items like expensive jewelry or rare antiques.
- According to a study released by the University of North Carolina, burglars do consider deterrents such as alarms, cameras, dogs, etc. when looking at targets. So a small investment in home security can make a big difference!
Your home will be one of the most significant investments you will ever make, both economically and emotionally. Your family will spend countless hours there, among some of your most prized possessions. In the event of any misfortune, let us give you the peace of mind knowing that you are well protected. We are committed to providing clients with the highest quality insurance plans available combined with some of the lowest possible rates. Whether you are shopping for auto insurance, home insurance, life, or business insurance, we can help you obtain the best coverage available with the lowest rate possible.
Insurance specialists at Dahlmeier Insurance Agency, Inc. serve to help you coordinate an insurance program that determines the best coverage options for your needs – for benefits and quality discounts that help you save.
What does this mean for you? By combining home and auto policies, you may be eligible to receive money-saving discounts, a guaranteed full-year policy term for your car, On Your Side® insurance protection, 24-hour Customer and Claim service, and more.
When you combine Home and Auto Insurance, you may also qualify for extras like single deductibles (when your home and car are damaged as a result of the same event), emergency lockout coverage, accidental death benefits, and airbag replacement from accidental deployment.
Contact a representative at Dahlmeier Insurance Agency, Inc. to learn more about the benefits you can receive by combining your home and auto policies.