New Cyber Challenges For 2021
The CIOVID-19 pandemic has affected businesses operate in a significant way. Many businesses are requiring people to work remotely. Employers are now finding that having employees work remotely is the new normal.
COVID-19 has forced commercial businesses to become more dependent on the internet. This new normal now requires special procedure and policies to protect your organization, its data, and network. When workers feel secure, you can nurture productivity and enhance collaboration.
- Verify the source of the email by checking the ‘From’ field to validate the sender. Phishing emails will appear to send you an email from a trusted source but in reality, they are spoofing the “from” address.
- Make sure employees never use unsecured or public networks.
- Install the latest cyber security programs.
- Pay very close attention to the domain name of the websites you visit or that are revealed in embedded links in communications you receive.
- Never open email attachments that end with: .exe, .scr, .bat, .com or other executable files you do not recognize.
- Don’t click embedded links in messages without hovering your mouse over them first to check the URL and verify the domain is safe/secure.
- Do not respond or reply to spam in any way. Delete the message and then delete it again from your deleted folder.
The right combination of tools and human insight would prevent catastrophic results. These tools don’t need to be sophisticated to analyze valuable data.
We can provide your firm with the right combination of pricing and coverage. Cyber risk insurance is available at very reasonable premiums. Many of our companies offer coverage to help protect your business from loss.
Agents at Dahlmeier Insurance Agency can help you find the right insurance coverage for your specific company needs. We work with a variety of Northern California businesses, including contractors and builders, subcontractors, self-employed professionals and artisans, nonprofit organizations, job training centers, commercial farmers and agribusinesses.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.