How To Stop Porch Pirates?
The holiday season is filled with fun, parties, food, gifts, overeating, and, unfortunately, some risk. One of the fasted growing risks for many people is stolen packages by porch pirates. More than 25 million Americans have their packages stolen right from their doorsteps by porch pirates each year, don’t be one of them.
Your homeowners or renter’s insurance generally may not cover this loss as it tends to be under your deductible. There could be covered if you have personal property off-premises insurance..
Call our office for a review of your homeowner’s insurance, as each policy is unique to your circumstances.
Things To Do
- Delivery confirmation is a good way to prove the package was delivered.
- Thieves will follow delivery trucks, waiting for the perfect target.
- These thieves commonly strike during working hours as many homes are empty at that time.
- You can insure your packages.
- Consider having a person there when the delivery is scheduled.
- Install a security camera.
What To Do If A Package Is Stolen
- Track your package. Check the delivery confirmation and tracking number.
- Make sure a neighbor did not pick it up for you.
- Contact the seller. Different retailers have different policies and processes for handling stolen items, but usually, you are entitled to a refund or a replacement item.
- File a claim with the shipping company.
- Check your Credit Cards for Purchase Protection.
Call our office for a review of your homeowner’s insurance, as each policy is unique to your circumstances. We are happy to help you through your claim and help you determine the best course of action.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.