You buy insurance to protect yourself when you have a need. This need might be an auto loss, business claim, or home fire. When something bad happens, you want your insurance company to respond. When it comes to filing a claim, knowledge is power. We hope you never have a claim, but we want you to be prepared if you do have a claim.
The Value Of An Agent During The Claim Process
It is important to have a professional agent like us to help you through the claim process. If you buy your insurance from a faceless on-line company, you may not get the same level of service.
Insurance Claim Filing Process
- If you are involved in an accident, think about your safety and those around you before thinking about insurance. The priority is to check for injuries at the scene. Call 911 for medical help if anyone at the scene is injured. Notify the police as soon as possible.
- Try to protect the scene; don’t move vehicles unless the police instruct you to.
- Obtain the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of all persons involved, including passengers and witnesses. It is a good idea to look at driver’s licenses. Record the license plate numbers of all cars involved. Get complete Insurance information, including policy numbers. Having the agent’s name and the number is also beneficial.
- Contact your agent or company as soon as possible. Have the basic facts ready, like your policy number, claim information, and contact information.
- Prevent further damage. If your vehicle is damaged and is in need of repair, get a quote from an auto body shop.
- Start to document the loss. Take photos, keep all receipts, and obtain the contact information of all people involved. Don’t throw out damaged property or other expensive items until an adjuster has seen them.
- Always submit your claim in writing with all receipts and a cover letter.
- Know your rights and who to contact if you are not satisfied with your settlement. Most consumers find that their claim is paid quickly, easily, and fairly. This is another reason to have an agent on your team. We can help get you the best possible settlement.
If you make expensive purchases like jewelry or guns, call our office as we may need to add these to your insurance policy. Insurance specialists at Dahlmeier Insurance Agency, Inc. serve to help you coordinate an insurance program that determines the best coverage options for your needs – for benefits and quality discounts that help you save.
What does this mean for you? By combining home and auto policies, you may be eligible to receive money-saving discounts, a guaranteed full-year policy term for your car, On Your Side® insurance protection, 24-hour Customer and Claim service, and more.
Call us if you want great service, competitive prices, and quality coverage.