Do Newlyweds Need Insurance
What Kind Of Insurance Should Newlyweds Have?
Congratulations! You have decided to share your life with that special person. Your honeymoon is over and you are settling into your new life together. Now is the time to start thinking about how to protect that life, especially as you start to make plans for the future. Personal insurance protection is a good way to help make sure your dreams come true.
Personal Insurance Considerations for Young Married Couples
- Life insurance. Now may be a good time to consider life insurance. Life insurance offers replacement income and peace of mind for your spouse.
- Health insurance. You must have health insurance. If it is not provided by your employer, you can purchase coverage on an individual basis.
- Renter’s Insurance. If you rent, do not go without renter’s insurance. Renter’s insurance can provide coverage for damage to, or loss of, personal property, and also cover your personal liability.
- Auto insurance. You will also want to review your auto coverage. If you each have a car, and they are insured in your individual names, combining them into one policy may qualify you for a multi-car discount from the insurer.
- Your Wedding rings. You will want to insure your wedding rings for theft or accidental loss.
- Do you own home business? Many young people have home-based businesses; if so, you may need business insurance. Call your agent today.
Insurance is not as romantic as picking where to go on your honeymoon, but it is one of the most crucial things you can do as newlyweds! Although most couples are aware of the need to reassess their insurance needs when they marry, there is a gap between that awareness and action.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.