Company Holiday Parties Increase Risks
As your Chico or Oroville business prepares for the annual company holiday party, remember that these activities can increase your risk. While your California business insurance would most likely response to claims, we have a number of tips to help reduce the likelihood of litigation. It is worth noting that employers are responsible for the conduct of their employees at all work related events.
Office Holiday Party Safety
- Limit use of alcohol; offer two drink tickets per person.
- Make sure you have food at your party.
- During the party, monitor alcohol consumption. Quickly try to diffuse any situations or displays of inappropriate behavior.
- Consider having the party at a restaurant. This is a good way to transfer liability.
- Make the party optional.
- Arrange for cab rides or transportation home for guests who may need it.
- Review harassment policies with all employees as a reminder of proper behavior.
- Encourager managers to set a good example.
- Consider inviting spouses, which is a good way to reduce romantic hook-ups.
- Know your state laws.
- If you have employees bring food, be sure the food is labeled by type. Some people may have food allergies.
As long as you don’t charge for drinks, your business insurance will provide coverage (Always check with our office as each policy is different).
At our Northern California agency, we offer a wide array of insurance protection, including car, home and business insurance. Whether you have questions about an existing policy or you are interested in new services from our team at Dahlmeier Insurance Agency Inc., fill out the form or call one of our offices directly for assistance.